The Law Offices of John J. Ghidini

Request a Free Consultation: (203) 439-7773


What is the Central Registry?

If the Department of Children and Families determines that a parent is "responsible for an act or acts of child abuse or neglect", that parent can be placed on the Central Registry. The Central Registry can be accessed during a background check if the parent is "seeking employment, licensing or certification". Placement on the Central Registry can be challenged at the time that the placement occurs.

by John J. Ghidini  |